Business Startup Resources
Resources for your small business
Here are a few business startup resources to help you get started. Check back, we’ll be adding more. Please let us know if there are some we should add. (Please note we are not affiliated with or recommending any of these businesses.)
- Bplans.com – http://www.bplans.com/ sample business plans, includes the Plan Wizard which will match your business to a sample business plan
- Internal Revenue Service (IRS) http://www.irs.gov – tax information for business owners, small business section includes information on employment taxes, look for forms under Tax Help for Small Businesses to download various government forms including an SS-4 Application for Employer Identification Number (which you can process by phone, fax or mail)
- Library of Congress http://lcweb.loc.gov/loc/infopub/ – obtaining an International Standard Book Number (ISBN) or International Standard Serial Number (ISSN), includes copyright information
- Small Business Association (SBA) http://www.sba.gov – lots of information on starting a business, includes a business plan outline (outline also available in Spanish).
- US Trademark and Patent Office http://www.uspto.gov/web/menu/tm.html – how to information and forms to register your name and/or logo, Trademark, Service Mark